BASIC SOAP RECIPE
19oz. coconut oil
19oz olive oil
10oz palm oil
16fl oz. distilled water
*2oz. fragrance oil of choice
1. Suit up in safety goggles, gloves and long sleeves.
2. Add the lye to the water. Stir well taking precautions to not breathe in the fumes. Set the mixture to the side and allow it to cool to approximately 110F. You can put the lye water mixture outside if you are not in a well ventilated area.
3. Add all your oils together and melt. Allow them to cool to approximately 110F, or within 5 degrees of the lye water.
4. Add the lye water mixture to the melted oils, carefully. Stir vigorously until trace occurs. Trace looks like a thin pudding. A stick blender will help speed trace along. If you are stirring by hand, these recipes may take up to an hour to trace.
5. Pour your traced soap mixture into your molds. Pop out after 3 to 5 days and allow to sit for a full 4 to 6 weeks to cure and finish the saponification process.